Sunday, April 3, 2016

BookRoo Subscription March 2016 Review

What is BookRoo?

BookRoo is a company that aims to help parents build their children's book collections. They believe it's never to early to read to your child and they try to make it more affordable for parents to get new books for their children.

If you receive a book that you already have, they have a solution! They will give you $5 off your next subscription when you take a photo of you gifting the book to someone else and send BookRoo the photo.

The Subscription 

Box Items: TWO pictures books or THREE board books (you get to choose which option you want)

Cost: 
  • Monthly = $17.99 + s/h ($22.99)
  • 3 months = $16.66 + s/h ($64.99)
  • 6 months = $16.33 + s/h ($127.99)
  • 12 months = $15.99 + s/h ($251.88)

Shipping Fees:
  • $5 for US shipments
  • $16 to Canada
  • $25 anywhere else

Coupon: For 15% off your order go here 

The Box

I chose to do their monthly plan to make sure my daughter actually enjoyed this kind of box. I also chose the THREE board books option. 

Here is the darling box that you will receive when your books arrive! 


And here it is opened. They wrote a note on the box which I thought was cute and I appreciated. I have my own Etsy shop and things like that take a lot of time when you have a lot of customers!


They also included a code to pass on to your friends so you both get discounts. 

I LOVE that the books are wrapped individually. And my daughter loved opening them! 


The Books

My Turn to Learn Colors - $6.99

At first glance I knew we would love this book. The colors were bright and fun and the tabs caught my daughter's eyes immediately. 


I was very impressed with the quality of this book! I thought the tabs on the right were very sturdy so this book will last a long time. I also love the graphics. It has an Asian feel to it and having grown up in Japan for a short time I appreciate this style. My daughter loved the rabbit character and I love how they have on the right a huge picture of the food. Large pictures are my daughter's favorite. 


And here is my daughter opening this book. 


Mockingbird Song - $6.99

This book is also quite cute. 


I love that it's an extension to the mocking bird song so that you can sing along to the book. My daughter loves songs so this will be a big hit when we actually read it to her. 

Here is what the inside of the book looks like.


And here is my daughter opening this book.


My Pet Polar Bear - $5.99 

I think my daughter loved this book the most of all because the polar bear looks like our dog Moseley.


The book is great for my daughter because it has few words per page. This makes it more likely for her to make it through the book. The drawings are simple but very cute. I think the simplicity of the drawings helps my daughter enjoy the book better too.


And here she is opening this book. Can you tell that she just loves it?


Final Thoughts

I think this is a very cute subscription box. And because they wrap the books individually, if you have multiple kids they can each open one. The books were very cute and nice quality.

The cost of each book:
  • My Turn to Learn Colors - $6.99
  • Mockingbird Song - $6.99
  • My Pet Polar Bear - $5.99

Total: $19.97

Going off of the one month plan, this box would be $17.99 excluding the $5 shipping charge. I did save a little bit of money doing this subscription so that's reassuring. I didn't save as much as I thought I would, but at least happy I saved SOME money. Curious to see what the total of the books comes out to be next month. If you do the long term plans you save even more so that would definitely be worth looking into when doing this subscription. 

All in all I think this is a cute box and I will most likely change to a longer subscription plan. 

What did you think of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment