Monday, April 25, 2016

Walmart Beaty Box Classic Spring 2016 Review

What is Walmart Beauty Box?

Walmart Beauty Box is seasonal box that you can subscribe to that sends makeup samples, bath and body care samples, and hair care samples. They can be full sized, deluxe sized, and sometimes the dreaded foil packets.

They now have a Classic Box and a Trendsetter Box and you can subscribe to both with the same email account.

Details of THIS Box

This Walmart box is the Spring 2016 box and is the Classic Box.

The Box

Here is what it looks like when it arrives on your doorstep. I thought this beauty box would arrive in the Sunflower box as well like the other Spring box for this year, but this one came in a more plain one. I don't know why. 




And here it is opened!




I love when tissue paper is covering the items in the box.



The Products

Colgate Optic White Platinum High Impact White Tooth Paste (3.0 oz FULL SIZE!) - $3.99

I just love receiving teeth whitening samples for free because my teeth are naturally yellow, so I am always on the lookout for new things to try. This one I haven't tried yet and am very excited to! Says I should notice a difference in three days so we will see if that's the case. And this is a full size sample! unlike the Winter box where I got foil packet whitening toothpaste. Love this!!




Dove Advanced Care Skin Renew Deoderant (0.5 oz) - $0.94

I was actually surprised to see a deodorant sample in this box. I have never used Dove's brand of deodorant before but I have used their soap and loved them. I don't doubt this deodorant will be high quality. I most likely won't use it though because I am not a huge fan of the smell. 


Dove Dry Oil Moisture Nourishing Body Wash Nutrium Moisture (1.8 fl oz) - $0.45

This is a body wash so it is supposed to be used differently than the Jergens moisturizer. I can't wait to see how this one feels after! I expect to feel moisturized and smooth after my shower. Finger's crossed this works! Target claims it is their #1 Dermatologist Recommended body wash so I have high hopes.


John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Subtle Lightening Shampoo (2 fl oz) - $2.16

The back of the product says it is safe for use on natural or color treated hair, so that's a plus. I am always wary of shampoo products because my hair and skin doesn't react well to a lot of them. I also am unsure what it means to make your hair "visibly brighter"? So I don't know if I will use this product. I might have to do more research just to make sure I am not coloring my hair on accident.

I just skimmed over some reviews and it appears that it DOES make your hair visibly lighter, so be warned! I most likely won't be using this since I am happy with my hair :)


St. Ives Apricot Scrub Fresh Skin (1 oz) - $0.64

You all know by now that I just love facial scrubs, and when I saw the apricot I got really excited because I just love eating them. This product has a very pleasant smell (thank goodness!) and it appears to have little orange balls in the lotion to help with exfoliation, and I always love that. Makes me feel like it might actually work. I will for sure be using this! Might even have to go buy the full size product!


Burt's Bees BB Cream with Noni Extract (.03 oz) - $0.26

So honestly I had no idea what BB Cream was so I had to do some reading. My sample color is Light/Med so it will be too dark for me. So it looks like it's supposed to reduce wrinkles, smooth your skin, and act as a sunscreen. Very interesting. It is only SPF 15 though so I wouldn't use it as a replacement for sunscreen when you're outside all day. 



Final Thoughts

First let's calculate the total value of this box.
  • Colgate Optic White Platinum Tooth Paste - $3.99
  • Dove Advanced Care Skin Renew Deodorant - $0.94
  • Dove Dry Oil Moisture Nourishing Body Wash - $0.45
  • John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Subtle Lightening Shampoo - $2.16
  • St. Ives Apricot Scrub Fresh Skin - $0.64
  • Burt's Bees BB Cream with Noni Extract - $0.26
Total Value = $8.44

For a $5 box, I'll say that's a pretty good value! There was only one full sized sample in this box. It also had a lower value than the Trendsetter box and one less item than the Trendsetter. I am curious to see if that trend continues in future boxes. I am pleased with these products though and will definitely be using some of them!

What were you thoughts on this box?


No comments:

Post a Comment