Friday, April 22, 2016

Ipsy Glam Bag April 2016

What Is The Ipsy Glam Bag?

The Ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly subscription that send you deluxe and full sized beauty products, all included inside the makeup bag of the month. You complete a custom profile so that they can better match your beauty needs with their products. I think they do a great job of doing this!

The Subscription

Box Items: Deluxe and full-sized beauty products

Cost: $10/month

Packaging

Everything arrives in a bright pink bubble poly mailer, which makes receiving a package even more exciting. Here is a photo of the poly mailer.



And inside of the poly mailer is the Glam Bag of the month that contains all of the beauty samples that you were shipped for the month.


This card was inside the glam bag



Products

OFRA Bohemian Eyeshadow (2 g) - $7.50

I was a little bummed to get eye shadow because I honestly don't use eye shadow a lot. I went back through my profile and found that I had accidentally chosen eye shadow as a product I would like to receive, so I changed that. However, with that being said, I do appreciate that they kept with a neutral more natural color. I think this shows that they really do listen to the preferences of their customers. It might be a little too dark for me but I am still willing to try it! 

According to the sample photo shown here: OFRA Eyeshadow ... this color does in fact seem to be too dark for me. But hey, at least it's not hot pink or dark purple!


Adesse New York Original Infused Nail Lacquer Irina (11 ml) - $18

I was excited to see that I got nail polish! I was a little bummed to see that I got a gray color though, but the nail polish is 5-free and is not tested on animals so that's wonderful! I also used it once and it was very easy to apply and one coat did the job. The color also looks like it has a tinge of blue instead of being straight up gray, so I might actually use this color. And it's a full sized product that already makes up for the price of the subscription itself. 




Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair (.33 oz) - $1.48

This is one of the samples I got the option to choose out of 5 that they offered before they shipped the bag. When showing the samples I didn't think Ipsy did too great of a job explaining exactly what the products did, so I misunderstood it was a hair product. This product is a "gel-to-oil overnight repair treatment". I will probably gift this to someone since my hair isn't damaged and I don't like sleeping with stuff in my hair. It does say to protect your pillow with a towel, so I don't know how messy this would actually get. It does smell good though so I may in fact keep it for myself ;)




Tarte LipSurgence Wonder (1.6 g) - $12.80


I was excited to get this product since I got something similar in my Walmart Beauty Box. It doesn't seem to be too dark so I think it is something I would wear.  And even thought it's not full size, I do like that it is the perfect size to put in a small purse (which I have). I see myself using this in the future!





L.A.B.² - Live and Breathe Beauty Just Blending In Brush - $6.99

Let's just say I am super grateful that Ipsy has a list of everything I received in my bag on their website because I had no idea what brand or type of brush this was. Did I mention I was new to this whole makeup thing? This I will most likely give to my sister, but love that it is the second full sized product in this bag!

Final Thoughts

For not being a huge makeup fan, I think Ipsy did a good job of trying to keep me as a happy customer. Customers like me are hard to please when you're a company based on makeup! I appreciate that they tried their best to listen to my profile and give me more natural colors of what they were offering this month.


The totals of the products:
  • OFRA Eyeshadow - $7.50
  • Adesse Nail Lacquer Irina (Full Size!) - $18
  • Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair - $1.48
  • Tarte LipSurgence Wonder - $12.80
  • Live and Breathe Beauty Brush (Full Size!) - $6.99
The total value of the bag came to $47.09



That's an AWESOME deal for spending $10 on this bag, and that doesn't even include the price of the bag it came in (I don't know how to price that). 


To be totally honest I unsubscribed before writing this review just because I didn't think I needed more products laying around, but after tallying this up I signed right back up! I can't say no to a good deal and I get to be introduced to high quality products. 

I am quite pleased with this subscription!

What are your thoughts on this Ipsy Glam Bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment