Monday, April 4, 2016

Square Hue March 2016 Subscription Box Review


What is SquareHue?

SquareHue is a nail polish subscription box that ships out monthly.  Their nail polish is 7-free, meaning is does not contain Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resins, Toluene, DBP, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide or Xylene. Another plus is their nail polish is Vegan, meaning they don't test their polishes on animals. That's always a plus. 

SquareHue also donates a portion of their proceeds to help fight against Human Trafficking. So you can feel even BETTER about purchasing their products. 

The Subscription

Box Items: Either two nail polishes or three nail polishes

Cost: 
  • Two polishes - $16 a month
  • Three polishes - $21 a month

The Details of THIS Box

The box I am reviewing is their three polish plan. I purchased this box with my own funds.

What's In the Box?

When you receive your box in the mail, here is what you can expect it to look like. I edited the shipping info for my own privacy.


Once opened, you find their card with the photo they had posted on their web page to give a sneak peak to the colors that could potentially be in that month's box. 


Here is the front and back of the card so you can see it better.



And here is the polish revealed!




The Nail Polish 

Monch (Matte)

This nail polish color was a little difficult to apply. It was pretty thick and kind of stringy. I had to remove the first time I applied it and even my second attempt still doesn't look amazing. I do like the color though. It took two coats to get it to the way I liked it. Examples of what it looks like on my nails posted in the following section of the blog. This one also died my nail yellow so definitely use a base coat with this one.



Elger (Pink DuoChrome)

This is definitely my favorite polish of the three, but I also really like pink.  I love how the shimmer on this color is every so slight. This polish I also applied twice to get the color I wanted.  It was also much easier to apply and work with than the Monch polish. Examples of what it looks like on my nails posted in the following section of the blog.


Jungfrau (Glitter)

This one I was not excited about when I saw it in the box. I am not a fan of polishes with HUGE glitter. However after putting it on it didn't look as bad as I thought it would and I actually ended up liking it. I also needed to apply two coats when using this one as well. This shade of purple I like but I will have to get used to the glitter. 


Applied to My Nails




Final Thoughts

I think this is an exciting subscription, especially since they give you sneak peaks and you are left guessing which color on the card you're going to be receiving. I think this is a fun way to get yourself to try colors you wouldn't have picked yourself (I tend to gravitate toward pinks).

You end up paying  $7 per polish which is more expensive than typical polish, but it is high quality and helping SquareHue fight Human Trafficking. I also like how sturdy the bottles are. They are difficult to tip over when painting your nails.

I really like this subscription box and want to give it another go.

What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment