Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Square Hue Product Review Decades Collection

What is SquareHue?

SquareHue is a nail polish subscription box that ships out monthly.  Their nail polish is 7-free, meaning is does not contain Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resins, Toluene, DBP, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide or Xylene. Another plus is their nail polish is Vegan, meaning they don't test their polishes on animals. That's always a plus. 

SquareHue also donates a portion of their proceeds to help fight against Human Trafficking. So you can feel even BETTER about purchasing their products. 

What Did I Order?

I received a 30% off coupon for Saint Patrick's Day in my email to use towards any box in their Decade's Collection. This review is a review of this purchase. I chose the 1910 box. This is NOT a box a received as part of a subscription. I purchased this as a product outside of the subscription program they offer.

The Packaging

When you receive your box in the mail, here is what you can expect it to look like. I edited the shipping info for my own privacy.


Once opened, you find their card with the details of which decade the box is from and a place to put a sample of the polish on. 


Here is the front and back of the card so you can see it better.



And here is the polish revealed!



The Nail Polish 

War Crinoline (High Gloss Creme)

This green nail polish was very easy to apply. It only took one coat to get it where I liked it. I think it's a little dark for my skin color but still very pretty. Examples of what it looks like on my nails posted in the following section of the blog.


Krewpies 1912 (High Gloss Creme)

This pink color I really like. I like the soft color of it. It was somewhat easy to apply. It required two coats to get it how I liked but that's not too bad. Probably would have needed one if I had used a base coat or a white base or something (I am new to nails so still figuring this all out). Examples of what it looks like on my nails posted in the following section of the blog.


Tunic 1910 (High Gloss Creme)

This color I was really excited about because I just love orange nail polish, but this one was surprisingly difficult to apply. Even after two coats I still couldn't get it to look the way I wanted and just gave up. I will try again another day and see if it was just me or not, but it was pretty disappointing.

Applied to My Nails


Final Thoughts

The orange color was quite disappointing in that I couldn't get it to go on the way I wanted, but the other two colors were very nice and I think I could see myself using them. The cute box they came in was fun, and with the coupon it made it a lot cheaper per nail polish. 

Compared to other nail polish subscription box companies, I think this is one where you pay more per polish. There also is not a rewards program which is a bummer, but if you wait for the coupons they send in emails it makes it more worth it in my opinion.

What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment